Well for those of you who are not in the loop, (shame on you...just kidding) There have been a few changes around the A* household. Back in October I had an epiphany from which I decided to quit my current job at the plasma donation center. While at work one day I realized I had hit a wall, I though where is this job really taking me? How can I advance when blood makes me woozy? and all sorts of questions like that. When I originally took the job at the plasma center I had planned on it being temporary, like 6 months max, til I found something more suited toward me, pretty much no blood. Well, a year and seven months later I was still there standing in a booth pricking fingers and taking vitals. Where had the time gone!? Well something drastic had to be done. Luckily, we had received our new home tax credit a month or two before and had paid off quite a bit of debts, leaving us with few bills. So I talked it over with Jordan and decided that day to take a leap of faith and put in my two weeks with no prospective jobs or interviews in place. Come October 29th, I was going to be a housewife.
A big reason I wanted to leave that job was the fact that they were open 7 days a week and I had to work a lot of Sundays. After being in a ward for over 7 months you shouldn't still be getting asked if you are new. So after my first weekend of unemployment I hopped on the job search. I made a decision to only apply to jobs that were closed on Sundays so that I wouldn't even be tempted to settle for a job that would put me right back into the same situation I was in at plasma. I ended up sending out probably 30 to 45 resumes and cover letters and ended up with only 3 companies wanting to interview me. After the first two I started to panic thinking "what have I done!? What happens when the interviews run out and I don't have a job?" Well thankfully that didn't happen, and with the help of friends' job leads, I ended up being offered a job exactly a month after I quit the plasma center. My time off was wonderful though, I got to spend my days hanging out with the puppy and the house has never been cleaner. Crafts were held to a minimum though because of the lack of funds, but the timing of the new job worked out so that I was able to complete my floral design class. Pictures of the final will be coming soon.
On to my new job. I work HERE, JBS, the world's largest beef producer, along with chicken, pork, and lamb. It just so happens that their corporate headquarters are only half an hour away. I am currently in the Purchasing Department and so far I love my new job. It has it's challenges, but I finally feel like I am in a position where I have to learn new things and can grow. I also really like dressing in nice clothes for work :) rather than ratty scrubs.
Jordan also received big news while I was unemployed. The day before I was offered a job at JBS he was offered a management position at Wells Fargo. Our hard work, faith and perseverance definitely paid off.
Well that is our update for now. I think this is one of the first posts with out any pictures! So boring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
So good to hear about how well things are working out for y'all!!!! I'm so happy for both of you:) Congrats!!!!!
Congrats on both of the new jobs!! That is so exciting!
I am quite happy for you guys! Welcome to the corporate world by the way! Wearing nice clothes to work and having an "adult" job is always a great thing! We love you guys and we are really really happy for you, too!
That's awesome! Glad everything worked out - and no longer have to work Sundays!
I'm so glad things are working out for you guys! I'll have to hear you snorkeling story sometime!
Post a Comment