While my mom was in town we got quite a bit of sewing done. She showed me how to cut out a pattern and piece it together, and then I was pretty much on my own. I even put in two zippers! Really not as hard as they would seem.
Pencil Skirt

(It has mint green lining. I love an added surprise that only I know about).

Dress

I modified this dress from the pattern by cutting out two fronts instead of having it as a wrap dress like the pattern shows. I also added ruffles. Both patterns I used are from the 1970's!

Shirts

I shortened the sleeves from the pattern and lengthened the torso. My mom made another like this one in a black floral sheer fabric.

This one, made out of a t-shirt material, has a band added at the waist and pleats (which look more like ruffles now) at the neckline. I decided to nix the slit and button.

Original pattern
I already have another idea for a shirt based on this pattern, but completely different. Unfortunately I have a couple quilt projects and some alterations for Jordan to finish before starting on something for myself.
3 comments:
You did an awesome job! The pencil skirt is to die for!
I really like the pencil skirt. You are so creative.
I'm impressed! Now I want to go sew something!
Post a Comment