So here is the story...
Jordan got a promotion at the end of February to a store manager position to start March 1st about 4 hrs away from where we were currently living, which meant we would have to move. Jordan went ahead and left to stay with his parents who were only an hour and a half away from his new branch and I stayed put and kept working since I liked my doctor and hospital and was due Mar 26th. Since Jordan was only coming home on the weekends, we decided to have me induced at 39 wks, 6 days, so that he would be there for the birth if it didn't happen sooner. So on Sunday March 25th we rolled in the hospital to get things going. They started the pitocin and said there would be a baby the next day. Well I started contracting too often and had "coupling" contractions so they couldn't up the pit drip as much as they were planning. This went on until Monday evening. By that night I was still only dilated to a 2 and the doctor discussed a few options to get things going, one of them being to break my water. Jordan and I discussed the options and decided it best to stop the pit overnight so that I could get some sleep without being monitored every 2 hrs, and have my water broken Tuesday morning. 7:30 Tuesday morning came and they broke my water and started the pit drip up again. I was hesitant to have them break my water because I was GBS positive and if my water was broken for more that 18 hrs we would have to stay in the hospital 2 extra days for monitoring. I walked the hallways that day and they were able to up the pit more frequently. By that evening I was dilated to a 4 and requested an epidural. I can't say that my contractions were really that bad, but I was tired, cranky, frustrated, and stir crazy by that point. Our room didn't even have a window! At around 10 pm they checked me and I was still at a 4. Ughhh. I broke down crying out of frustration and wanting to go back home, so Jordan and I did a lot of praying that our baby girl would hurry up and get here. About 20 min later all of the nurses including the charge nurse rushed in and put the oxygen mask over me and I could hear them talking about her heart rate. It had decelled drastically and they had paged my doctor to come it right away. I thought to myself, "this is it, I'm going to end up having a C-Section," which is the one thing I was trying my hardest to avoid. While waiting for my Dr. the nurse checked me and I was dilated to almost a 10! It took a while for them to get everything prepped and in the meantime I got nauseous from the oxygen and then the medicine they gave me caused me to have a panic attack. Finally it was time to push...I pushed for almost 3 hrs, and finally at 3:46 am Reagan Lynece was born. She however did not make her 18 hr deadline so we were in recovery until Friday morning. We were sooo glad to finally leave the hospital. Thankfully my mom and dad were still in for Texas, so while grandma watched her newest grand baby we were able to catch up on some much needed sleep. Reagan weighed 6 lb 12 oz and was 21 inches long. She is still long and thin and goes in for her 2 month appointment next week. Lately she has been smiling and cooing a lot and has gotten better about sleeping at night. She loves her playmat and staring at anything that moves, including the ceiling fan. She has also been on more road trips that most babies her age, they really tire her out. Anyways here are a few pictures...
Brand New
Dressed up to see where Daddy works
Look at my long skinny legs!
![]() |
| 3 days old |
She was not happy about the 1 month pictures














No comments:
Post a Comment