Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Sick Puppy...

Robyn was working on her other blog today, and she though it would be good for to post today..So...Thursday began a very scary day for us, and for Ilo for that matter. I was home for lunch and took Ilo out so that he could go to the bathroom, like everyday and then went back inside to start making my lunch. While I was inside, he came back in to me, and started crying. With any other puppy, I wouldn't be worried, but Ilo practically never cries. Anyway, he was crying and as I started to pick him up, I noticed that he was really swollen in the face. Then, as I was sitting there, he started getting worse and worse. I called the Vet and let them know what was happening and they told me to come in immediately.

I took him to Banfield, where they gave him a steroid shot and benedryl. They wanted to watch him for a couple hours so Robyn and I went back to get him later. When we brought him home, we thought everything was great, and he would be getting better soon...I wish. Just a few short hours later, he was very swollen again, and we began getting worried again. We called the emergency Vet and they let us know that we could give him another Benedryl, and he would be okay after that...Again, I wish. Come 2:30am, he began howling and howling. When we went to check on him, realized that we needed to go to the Vet. We took him in again, and the gave him another shot...and sent us on our way.

Next day...Now Friday...Every few hours, we checked on him and were giving him Benedryl when we could, but he just didn't seem to be getting any better. We took him in again to Banfield, and the Doctor told us that there might be a chance that he had a more severe concern and that we should give him prednisone and come back in the morning. We took him home, did as we were supposed to, and just kind of waited it out...In his 3:00am wake and poo, Robyn noticed that he seemed to be getting better.

Saturday...we woke up, and he was a little red, but not like he had been. Robyn took him in and they gave us more instruction on his meds and to this point, he hasn't swelled up again. He seems to be getting better a little at a time. We finally have our playful little puppy back...We are so happy about that!



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Poor puppy! I'm glad he's doing better.

Anonymous said...

Poor dog! You are definitely getting a litte test of newborn life! LOL - Glad he is alright!