Well...let's begin.
Back in JANUARY, yes January, Jordan and I took a long weekend trip to Vegas to visit his brother Harrison and wifey Jaala. On our list of things to do was visit the Pinball Hall of Fame, Hoover Dam, and the Wax Museum. While there we also celebrated Harrison's B-Day at Hash House A Go-Go, walked the strip a few times, spent a morning riding go-carts, and stopped at an antique store on the side of the road in Boulder City. Jaala an I even managed some crafting while the boys went to the pawn store from Pawn Stars and down to some Filipino shops.


THe "Relaxalator." you stand on it and hold on for the ride while it vibrates your feet back and forth. Pretty hilarious.



*****
In February I heard a commercial on the radio on the way to work for a Brian Regan show in Cheyenne, WY. We decided to get tickets for a date night. Cheyenne is only about 45 minutes away, and from what we could see of the city that night, we plan on going back sometime this summer to look around more. The show was great, his brother came on first and was hilarious! Brian Regan wasn't too bad either :) It was our first time at a comedy show and we really enjoyed the night out.
*****
In March we took a long overdue anniversary trip to Estes Park to tour the Stanley Hotel (famous for the inspiration for the Shining), shop downtown and stay at the awesome Della Terra Mountain Chateau. The room was amazing, and the feel of the hotel was like a big B & B. There were cookies outside our door, a wine and cheese hour where the owners got to know all of the guests, a free theatre room to use, a hot tub on every balcony, and a delicious homemade breakfast and hot cocoa in the mornings. By far the nicest place I have ever stayed. Funny thing about Estes is that the town pretty much shuts down at 8 pm in the off season, so at 7:45 we were all dressed up and ready to go to dinner to find out everything was closed! We found our way to a Dominoes, grabbed a pizza and headed back to the room. It was still a great stay.

Hopefully I'll be a little better this summer about updating the blog in a timely manner, I know everyone waits with baited breath to read all about our adventures!





2 comments:
Yes, you should update in a more timely manner! It looks like you guys have had some fun trips!! Miss you!
Oh wow! That hotel is amazing! I love the colors... grey can be so regal!
Post a Comment