Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nursery

I figured it was time to show a glimpse of the nursery so far. There aren't any pictures of the crib because I am still finishing up the bedding, and it has become a holding area for blankets, clothes, toys etc... until dresser finishes getting painted and the closet gets a little more organized. So below is the half of the nursery that is finished.
We decided to keep the twin bed because 1, it is pretty comfy for a twin and 2, so that we can catch some Zzz's on those sleepless nights without disturbing each other.
Wall Art. I love how there are so many sites that have free printables!
Curtains: my first attempt. Valance: courtesy of mi madre.
I saw this idea on pinterest...using strands of bead for tie-backs. Just so happens that my mom called a week ago telling me she had found some vintage costume jewelry and if I could use it. Thanks mom!
Wall mounted ties-backs: made from a screw, cardboard, hot glue, and felt flowers...completely free!

1 comment:

Jaala said...

I love you guys for keeping the twin bed in there. I have always thought that it would be a genius idea to do that!
The tie backs are so cute!