Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Reagan's Nursery, Take Two








 I was lucky enough (or unlucky enough) to decorate two nurserys, the one in Fort Collins, and then my sister and I did it all over again at our new house. I can't find the pics of the first nursery, but I have to say I like the second try better. It's probably my favorite room in the new house. We tried to do the nursery on a budget, and started looking for deals as soon as we found out we were expecting. So here is a breakdown of the costs...
Crib and changing table - Craigslist, $215
Glider - Free from a co-worker
Nightstand - Free, made it in 8th grade shop class
Lamp - Ikea - $15
Curtains, valance, crib skirt and bumpers, $60 for all fabric
Drawers - Reused, used to hold my craft stuff
Storage baskets- $1/$2.50 spot at Target
Bookshelves- $4 each, Ikea
Corner Shelves- $9 ea.
Reagan banner and Ovals- FREE, gifts!
Framed art- Free printables and decorative paper.
Chicco Travel System and Graco Pack and Play - Craigslist, $120 for both!
Paint - 1 quart, $13
Decorative wedding ribbon -Free from my sister
So lets see, I was able to decorate a nursery and get the major baby items for less than $500!

1 comment:

Melinda O Hall said...

I noticed a "Diaper Champ" in the background as well as a Bumbo. Cam's legs got stuck in the Bumbo he was sitting in at school. I also spied an "R" made of crayons. The room is too cute!!