Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Kind-of, Almost, Near-Death Experience

The other day I found out to my dismay I am not the healthiest person
on the block. I suspect that it has to do with the fact that I am a
very picky eater, and because of that I have been told to take a fiber
supplement since i'm not getting enough in my diet. I was a little
hesitant to take it just because it made me feel like a was an old
lady...but that should have been the least of my worries. The pills
are what I consider to be "horse pills" and each dose requires you to
take 3 horse pills.

It has been somewhat of a struggle for me to take them but today it
hit a new low. While trying to swallow the 2nd pill in the set of 3 it
got caught. There I am leaning over my counter coughing and gagging,
there even might have been a little bit of choking in the mix. I
thought how tragic...choking to death all alone on a freaking fiber
pill! Anyways, while gasping for air, I reached for my water not sure
whether I should try to swallow it or just spit it out. The gag and
spit it out option won. The irony of this whole story is the label on
the Benefiber bottle..."Makes taking Fiber Easier!"
Bull Crap is all I have to say to that.

2 comments:

Jaala said...

you poor thing! I'm glad you were able to save yourself!

Unknown said...

Thats scary! I'm glad you were able to get it back up. Also I wanted to let you know that you can by benefiber in a dry substance that you can mix with any food or drink and they are tasteless. You might want to try that instead of trying to kill yourself taking those horse pills.