Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Floral Design #8: MIDTERM!

This past Tuesday we had our midterm practical. The written midterm is next week...no fun. Anyways, our assignment was to bring a pumpkin, either real or fake and stuff to make a Halloween centerpiece. The wheels in my head started turning and I got the idea to do a vintage themed centerpiece. Jordan and I grabbed some fancy rootbeer and I printed vintage spooky bottle labels off and glued them on. Then spent too much time watching candles burn to get the right drippage effect. I got a white pumpkin (which I had to have once I saw it) and some dollar store skulls and scrap fabric to complete the centerpiece. Jordan was sweet enough to come with me to class to help me carry in all of my stuff, and then waited til the end to help me haul it all back to the car. The teacher had us "order" our flowers the week before and we had to decide what type of arrangement to do. I went for a round arrangement because I like the look of them best.

There were some awesome centerpieces from the rest of the people in the class. I wish I had thought to take pictures before everyone left. It was definitely fun to see everyone's take on Halloween. This was by far the best midterm I have ever had!





2 comments:

kay said...

love the vibrant colors, especially purple as you know. White pumpkins are the greatest. Do you remember your wedding party in Colorado?

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

My favorite part is the wax dripping down the side! Nice effects:) & btw let's make sure my girls never see my Halloween costume from the night I met Joey, deal?!? lol